Friday, July 5, 2013

Treasure Island

So lately I've been on a treasure hunt of sorts. I've developed a bit of an obsession with anything nautical-themed. And not just because it's summer, either. About a month from now ( 1 month and 2 days to be exact! Eeeeek!!!) I'll be heading off to college. Seeing as how our mascot is a pirate, I have developed a bit of an obsession with anything I can find relating to the theme. And to be quite honest, my daily visits to Wanelo have done absolutely nothing but encourage me. I've found all kinds of jewelry, t-shirts, and art prints all over the web that I've decided I NEED. Of course, the never-ending battle for my step-dad is for me to finally discern my needs versus my wants. No matter, it's not going to happen anytime soon. Without further ado, wenches and buccaneers (yeah,yeah, I'm working on it...) some of the things that have caught my eye:

Coach bracelet

A suuuuper cute phone case from Etsy

Wouldn't we all? *sigh* 


These totally remind me of Sarah Paxton's from Aquamarine..

How awesome is this watch from Shopbop??

Need, need, NEED this pillow from Society6. It WILL be mine.


Both this sweater and the shirt above are from Ustrendy  who have  adorable winter stuff..

In love with this bow from Zibbet.. How cute would it be tucked just under a topknot?

So anyway, expect a lot more posts like this since from now on I'm basically going to be surrounded by all kinds of nautical novelties. The tshirt was really the only mermaid-related find I posted but that's because that would take  a whole month to put together. My love for mermaids is unreal (my mother has yet to convince me that I am not actually a daughter of the sea, but that I feel it's up for discussion...) so don't worry it'll pop up sooner or later! But if you love nautical-inspired stuff for summertime or just the summertime vibe in general, check out my summer board on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kdhbell/summertime/

My plans for the day are to go to the flea market and pick up a bit of decor (trinket bowls and the like ) for my dorm room, so I thought I'd show you something I found at a thrift store last weekend since it goes with the vibe of this post..
It's pretty small but it'll fit a few pairs of earrings or something like that..
Thanks for reading! Are you into the whole nautical theme? What's your summer obsession?

Ps. Like I said, I found all of those pieces on Wanelo.. You can discover your own treasure here:

No comments:

Post a Comment