Sunday, October 21, 2012

Obsession Alert: Luxe Skirts!

Sooooo as much as I would like to just dive into this post with no acknowledgment of my entirely too long leave of absence, I feel the need to say a BIG sorry to anyone who actually reads my blog and has missed me:( If I could, I would give you a big hug and a pile of diamonds to make up for it!

But now that y'all are happy again, let's get this started,ok? Ok :)

I've been super into the baroque, kinda medieval glam trend lately. Read: I've always wanted to be a  princess, so this felt like a modern way to accomplish that (now if only I could find a way to bring my tiara into this...). Also, it feels very Queen Cersei from Game of Thrones,aka the best show ever, and I lurrrrrv me some GOT.
Baroque on the runway
Queen Cersei

















So I bought this skirt from Forever21 about a month ago, and ok, if I wore this out in my neck of the woods right now, it really wouldn't make sense seeing as how it's velvet, so I'm waiting until November when it gets a bit chillier.
Forever 21 $8
Honestly, there are a bunch of ways you could wear this skirt. You could wear a sequin collared top for a girlier take, or a knit pullover for a more downtown vibe.


Forever 21 $18(saleeeee!)
Forever 21 $23


















 And about a million other spins or tweaks you could put on it from jackets, sweaters, necklaces and shoes.
Super Edgy (Topshop $50)


Really girly (Topshop $110)


Or even a little bit boho with a scarf (Yoox $78)


And going with the fancy skirt trend are a few I spotted on the World Wide Interweb last night.

My absolute favorite blogger (check her out at:  http://www.mediamarmalade.com/ )
Aisha Tyler

And Whitney Port

Lessons learned today:
1)Game of Thrones is the best show ever. Aside from New Girl, The Mindy Project, and Teen Wolf.(That was terrible, but forreal watch Season 3, March 31!)
2)Everything looks better with a fancy skirt, so check out some of these:
River Island ($50 from Asos)
Asos $62


Forever 21 $25




And because I've been so lax lately, here's a some new music, to say once again, how sorry I am!
3 ALBUMS YOU MUST DOWNLOAD RIGHT, RIGHT NOW. AS IN, NOW.
1)Ellie Goulding- Halcyon (Um, hello, it's Ellie. Nuff said.)
Top track: Changes constantly, she's just too good. But right now "Need Your Love" is playing, so let's go with that.
2)Ed Sheeran- + (I realize that as an Anglophile I should have been on this boat a long time ago, but better late than never)
Top track: Once again, it's so hard! But I'm going to go with "Little Bird", only because it's what came on 1st.
3)P!nk- Truth About Love(P!nk is every girl's champion. Trust me on this one.) "Slut Like You", no contest. I mean, the whole album is good but you can't beat her little rap towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment